Many of my current clients know how I work, however how do you tell your friends how I work?
My elevator speech.
I am an LMT, my goal is to restore function & mobility to affected joints and/or body parts using manual and mechanical techniques to ensure overall health and wellness.
- Evaluate and even diagnose health conditions resulting from disease and injury
- Restore function of an affected joint or body part.
- May perform massages for pain and muscle disorders, although that is not their forte.
- Physical therapists focus intensive session on a particular area, while.
- Massage therapists seek to ensure overall health and wellness of the body.
- Compliment to physical therapy many times, so it is not uncommon for a person to visit both practitioners.
- Relieve stress of muscle tension as a preventative technique to more serious injury.
- Massage sessions take longer and encompass the entire body.
Your choice of a physical or massage therapist will depend on what you want accomplished. If you are desire relaxation stress and pain relief, a massage therapist is your go-to, whereas if you are seeking ways to actively recover from an injury, a physical therapist may be a better fit.
Sometimes, a joint approach may facilitate faster recovery, as their approaches to healing can be used in conjunction to result in a better outcome.